classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Creating URL

niels
Hi,

in Play 2 there are routings compliersafe, so I can get a reverse-routing like routes.myController.myAction(params). I tried something similar with Spring MVC by defining a class URL which contains all URLs. Furthermore I create a method URL.filledURL(String, Object...), which takes the URL and filled the parameters, in this case as part of the URL, for example /show/{tagId}; where tagId is the parameter. My method assumes that the parameters has the same orders in the array like in the text. For complex situation I have a method which gets a map, where I can use named parameters.
I saw in Thymeleaf I can use @{'/details/'(orderId=${o.id})}. So here my questions:

1. How can I replace 'details' with a string which is defined as a Java-Constant (if possible compiler-safe)?

2. If the constant contains variables like '/details/{orderId}' will the orderId replaced with the value of o.id? Or can I archive this easily with an extension?

Hope the question is clear enough and not to stupid (I'm a newbie).
Niels
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Creating URL

Zemi
Administrator
Maybe the preprocessing syntax could help you. Take a look at
   http://forum.thymeleaf.org/Create-restful-URL-with-th-href-td4024984.html
Reply | Threaded
|

niels
Well with this I can create a RESTful URL, but this wasn't the point. The point was to reuse the existing JAVA-Constants which has values which containts the variables as described.

Niels
Reply | Threaded
|

niels
I try to make my more direct.
1. Is it possible to access Java-Code specially Java-Constants from a template? I didn't found an example so I guess that's not possible.

2. Can I change the behavior of the @-syntax, so that I can replace named parameters, For example @{/details/{orderId}(orderId=${o.id}, otherParam=12)} should end in /detail/1?otherParam=12 (if we assume that o.id is 1) ?

Hope that the question now is more clear.

Niels
Reply | Threaded
|

Emanuel
Administrator
1. It might be possible.  I've accessed non-bean class members in my templates by just giving the full name of the field/method.  OGNL (the expression language which Thymeleaf uses), if it can't find a Java bean property for the name that you gave, tries to find a field with that name, eg:

<div th:text="${myJavaObject.CONSTANT_NAME}"></div>
Reply | Threaded
|

niels
Thanks Emanuel,

of course that's a good idea! In spring mvc I have access to all beans via ${beans.url.CONSTANT}. This should work. Unusual access but's a solution. Unfortunately without refactoring, code completion or compiler-safety-support, but I fear this is the price of natural templates.

Can anyone add some information about the second question? Or where is the point to discuss such feature request?

Niels
Reply | Threaded
|

danielfernandez
Administrator
That second syntax you talk about (what Spring MVC would call "path variables") is not currently available in thymeleaf. You would need to append literals and variables, like:

@{'some/path/' + ${var1} + '/' + ${var2}}

You can add a feature request at https://github.com/thymeleaf/thymeleaf/issues if you want to track this feature.

Regards,
Daniel.
Reply | Threaded
|

niels
I put it to https://github.com/thymeleaf/thymeleaf/issues/89 which should get the tag enhancement.